To add the VAT number field to the checkout page:
- In your Shopify admin, go to the page Online Store → Themes page.
- Click the Actions button, then click Edit code.
- Select checkout.liquid in the left sidebar. You might use the upper search bar for a faster search. Please note that only Shopify Plus stores can edit the checkout file.
- Insert the following code snippet just before the closing
To make VAT exemptions work, you need to enable the VAT exemptions feature in your Sufio account and correctly set up EU taxes in your Shopify store.
View VAT Exemptions
When your business customer enters a VAT registration number at checkout, a VAT exemption request is listed on the View VAT Exemptions page in your Sufio account.
This page lists all successful and unsuccessful exemption requests made on your online store. Additionally, status filtering allows you to review and troubleshoot the VAT exemption requests quickly if needed.
To access the View VAT Exemptions page:
- In your Sufio account, go to the Settings → Taxes page.
- Click on View VAT Exemptions.
To learn more on how to use this page—its useful features and statuses, have a look at our View VAT Exemptions article.
Do you need help with inserting the code snippet into your Shopify store theme code? We'll be happy to assist! Please contact our support team.