Remote · Freelance
Fixed price: €100–€300
Duration: Ongoing, min. 3-4 articles per month
We are currently looking for a freelance content writer who can help us build our knowledge base by writing medium-length blog posts about taxes and ecommerce.As a freelance content writer, you'll be working on specific blog posts primarily aimed at our Sufio users—to help them manage their online stores. With this in mind, the main context of your articles will be to unlock the world of taxes and ecommerce for our users.
Our ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of both EU and UK taxes, knows their way around post-Brexit rules and regulations, and can communicate all of this knowledge in a simple, easy-to-understand manner. We want to show our users how Sufio can solve their problems within minutes.
Since we also want to maximize our Google search results and drive organic traffic to our app, knowing your way around SEO will be a big plus. You'll also be able to present your own ideas on effectively reaching more current and potential users.
You'll work on things like
- Helping online sellers understand the tricky world of tax.
- Creating detailed guides to teach business owners about the legal documents required for selling products or services to the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
- Writing short articles to explain complex concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand way, e.g., "What is a commercial invoice?".
- Helping write scripts for YouTube videos about tax and the legal side of ecommerce.
- Coming up with ideas for new original content on the Sufio blog.
Requirements for the role
- A background in journalism or content-based marketing.
- A good understanding of SEO and the role it plays in acquiring new readers for our blog.
- Broad UK tax experience; good knowledge of accounting for ecommerce businesses.
- Strong knowledge of EU tax.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree or previous experience in content writing.
- Fluency in another language, preferably in German or French.
- A good eye for detail, aesthetics, and design.
With hundreds of Shopify stores going live each day, there's always a steady stream of driven entrepreneurs seeking new ways to grow and improve their businesses.
This is why we believe in creating content that's more than just run-of-the-mill self-promotion and SEO; because for us, it's also about connecting with users and giving them valuable information wherever possible. Whether it's about branding, compliance, or automation, educational blog posts will always find appreciation in this community.
We ask that you put yourself in your readers' shoes each time you finish a post and ask if you'd want to read this type of content. Better yet, ask yourself if you'd subscribe to the newsletter and check back for more.
If that's the kind of content you strive to create, then you'll have a blast writing together with Sufio's content marketing team.
Join us and help build a blog that's truly worth reading.
Content Marketing Manager
What we offer
Friendly and informal working environment with a diverse team, no dress code, working a 40 hour week.
Up to €50/month for any books or classes you want to take, plus a dedicated time for online education.
Up to €50/month for a gym, yoga or any activity you do to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Free Uber credit for business and personal use, and company offsites to fun locations worldwide.
Sufio is an industry-leading invoicing application used by businesses and online stores in more than 75 countries. We exist to help new businesses simplify their invoicing and taxes through powerful automation coupled with invoices created by the world’s leading designers. Our platform currently supports Shopify and BigCommerce.
As a company, we’re backed by experienced investors and strive to have a positive impact on the world around us. We are passionate about helping freelancers, and small companies build better businesses.
You’ll be joining a distributed team with co-workers spread across Europe. Whilst day-to-day communications happen in Slack and Zoom, regular team off-sites enable us to come together to collaborate and socialize.
We believe strongly in lifelong learning and will provide you with the best tools, educational resources, and opportunities to succeed in your role. Your well-being is equally important to us, and you can expect your gym membership or similar activity to be covered by us.